Things to do in preparation of your first treatment
• Wear comfortable clothing. Sweatpants and shorts are
ideal as they provide easy access to acupuncture points. If it isn’t possible to
come in loose fitting clothing, don’t worry we have plenty of gowns on hand.
• You maybe asked to show your tongue, have your pulse taken and have your abdomen pressed. Information gathered from these examinations can be helpful in determining your diagnosis. It is best if you do not brush or scrape your tongue on the day of treatment. It is also helpful if you avoid brightly colored foods i.e. Kool-aid, jelly beans, lifesavers, etc.
• During and after your first treatment, you will probably experience a pleasant sense of deep relaxation. You probably will not feel like doing anything rigorous or strenuous immediately after your treatment.
• Please be aware that for the safety of all that Covid-19 symptomatic or positive patients can NOT be treated in this office. If you have had any of the following symptoms in the last 30 days, please call the office before your first treatment: fever, chills, respiratory symptoms, shortness of breath, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, dry cough, diarrhea or unusual fatigue.
• Please bring a pen and a face mask to your appointment.
• Anyone accompanying you, should wait in the car. (Unless you are underage) Please download and complete the following forms: First Visit, Informed Consent and the Privacy Practice Notice. Please bring the completed forms with you for your first visit.
Leave your name and email address here to receive your free copy of Cynthia's ebook, to get all your questions answered about Chinese Medicine and how it can help you.